Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Hypoxia

It's hard to breathe.
The smothering stench of bleach and sweat and urine creep into me, depriving me of the sweet, fresh air I need. My fingers blister against the green scrubber I'm using to scour away the stains left here. 
I'm bent over at odd angles so I can reach the crevices. My body aches. My eyes blink against the stinging, suffocating odor.
I must remove every trace of filth, every lingering scent.  Soak, scrub, rinse, repeat. 
After so many cycles, even the rinse water is polluted with foulness.
It has tainted my skin. It's fruitless to continue, scrubbing grime with sludge, but I persevere.
Soak, scrub, rinse, repeat.
Before long, even I have become defiled by this vulgar impurity.
I cannot separate myself from the sewage.

3 comments:

  1. Thanx...I have an icky scent in my nose now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a well written post. I can imagine what you described. I really enjoy reading your blog.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete