Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Two Seconds

"This doesn't seem safe," I murmured to the girl with the blue streak in her hair. She shrugged one shoulder and ignored me and the Laws of Gravity with one giant leap into the abyss.

I cringed and closed my eyes, expecting to hear the crunch/splat of flesh and bone as it collided with bottom of the pit. No such sound resonated there. Only the faraway giggle of that rebellious child echoed back to me.

"Crap on a cracker," I muttered when I spotted her blue streak shining in the darkness like a firefly. She flitted from here to there and back again.

The dragons paid her no attention. They swarmed upward and then forward, intent on my destruction. I turned and ran from the hoard.The flapping wings and fiery breath drowned all other noises. I couldn't hear my sobbing.

Into the field of corn seemed to be the best bet for my safety.

But, as it turns out, corn burns.

5 comments:

  1. And pops. I suspect the exploding kernels being a little like bullets. Terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good setup for the next nightmare. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. After some you've given me, mon ami? We're even.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. You had me on every line.


    Just passin thru ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete